- You can see Part 1 Introduction Here
- You can See Part 2 About 3DM Here
- You can See Part 3 About Sonlife Here
- You can See Part 4 About Bonhoeffer Project Here
Each of these ministries seeks to mimic Jesus’ model for disciple making. The Bonhoeffer Project is a little different in that they seek to model Jesus’ method, but as interpreted and applied by Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
All three seek to provide an answer to the challenge of raising the value and practice of disciple making in the local church.
When I reviewed these ministries, three words or categories quickly came to mind: Pragmatic, Strategic and Theological. While each of these ministries contains portions of all three, each one also majors on one of them:
• 3DM is Pragmatic. Their focus is making it work on the ground in local churches in great detail. Plus emphasize the need for being Spirit-led in every aspect of ministry.
• Sonlife is Strategic. It provides a big picture framework for discipleship that allows for more variety of application than 3DM.
• BP is Theological. It is about changing the thinking and practice of clusters of leaders and then hopefully the churches they serve. Far less about how this can or should happen than in the other models.